[Geany] Special settings for some filetypes

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jan 9 19:06:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:03:48 +0100, "Milan Babuskov"
<milan.babuskov at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Enrico Tröger
><enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>>>Is there some way to tell Geany to use tabs for indentation when
>>>"Makefile" is selected as the Filetype in Document menu?
>>
>> Hmm, Geany should use Tabs for Makefiles already since Geany 0.14.
>> Since 0.15, Geany should auto-detect the used indentation type when
>> opening files, this is especially for Makefiles as they are always
>> using Tabs.
>>
>> Just make sure that you have enabled the option "Detect from file" in
>> the preferences dialog, Editor tab.
>
>But, I disabled that because sometimes I get a (cpp or php) file from
>someone else and it has mixed tabs and spaces and I want Geany to
>'fix' it to spaces on saving.

If this happens for single files, just use Document->Set Indendation
type and/or Document->Replace Tabs by Spaces.

Then there is also the option "Replace tabs by space" in the
preferences dialog, Files tab. But be aware that this options affects
all files which are saved with Geany.