[Geany] Special settings for some filetypes

Milan Babuskov milan.babuskov at xxxxx
Fri Jan 9 19:03:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>>Is there some way to tell Geany to use tabs for indentation when
>>"Makefile" is selected as the Filetype in Document menu?
>
> Hmm, Geany should use Tabs for Makefiles already since Geany 0.14.
> Since 0.15, Geany should auto-detect the used indentation type when
> opening files, this is especially for Makefiles as they are always
> using Tabs.
>
> Just make sure that you have enabled the option "Detect from file" in
> the preferences dialog, Editor tab.

But, I disabled that because sometimes I get a (cpp or php) file from
someone else and it has mixed tabs and spaces and I want Geany to
'fix' it to spaces on saving.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org