[Geany] Special settings for some filetypes

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jan 9 18:49:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:35:37 +0100, "Milan Babuskov"
<milan.babuskov at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using Geany for about a year and it's a great application. I
>mostly use it to edit the C++ and PHP source code, but sometimes I
>need to edit Makefiles as well. I use 4 spaces as indentation in my
>C++ and PHP code, and I have set it to automatically 'fix' all the
>files I open to adhere to this rule. Since GNU make requires tabs to
>indent rules in Makefile, I have problem because I lose tabs every
>time I save the file.
>
>Is there some way to tell Geany to use tabs for indentation when
>"Makefile" is selected as the Filetype in Document menu?

Hmm, Geany should use Tabs for Makefiles already since Geany 0.14.
Since 0.15, Geany should auto-detect the used indentation type when
opening files, this is especially for Makefiles as they are always
using Tabs.

Just make sure that you have enabled the option "Detect from file" in
the preferences dialog, Editor tab.