[Geany] Auto Formatting of Source Code

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jan 9 18:35:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 17:07:05 +0800, "onguarde -" <onguarde at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Peace!

Hi.

First of all, this is a mailing list, so please subscribe to get
further responses.

>Is there a way to automatically format a given source code
>interactively while typing? As far as I know, it is only possible to
>enter "if( /tab" to get
>
>if(  )
>{
>
>}
>
>Is there a way to automatically format "x=x+2;" to "x = x + 2;/n" for
>easier reading without manually entering spacebars and enter at the
>end.

Not sure.
What you mean with if <TAB> is called 'snippets', see
http://geany.org/manual/0.15/#user-definable-snippets. But you always
need to trigger these snippets (default by TAB but you can change the
key).
But real automatic substitution or reformatting is not possible and
probably would be too annoying for general use.