[Geany] Using Snippets

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Thu Jan 1 04:17:43 UTC 2009

G'day Peter,

>[...]
>However, I am now having a problem getting snippets to work. I can find
>instructions for Linux and have tried the Windows equivalent (the
>snippets.conf file located in the C:\Documents and
>Settings\Peter\Application Data\Geany directory). Nothing happens, I
>don't know how to activate the snippets.

Firstly, you need to tell Geany to reload its configuration for it to
load your newly created snippets. This happens when you close and
restart Geany, or you can select Tools -> Reload Configuration on the
menu.

Next, you need to press the TAB key after typing a snippet, and it
should replace the snippet.

NB: You need your snippet to be defined for the filetype of your file -
e.g. if you're editing a C++ file, you need your snippet in either the
[C++] section or the [Default] section of the snippet.conf file.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"