[Geany] Python Auto-complete feature

Mars mfogels at xxxxx
Thu Feb 26 18:31:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:51:43 +0530
> Manish Sinha <mail at manishsinha.net> wrote:
>
> > Coming to the point. I am running Ubuntu 8.04.2 on my laptop. The
> > highest version of Ubuntu possible on this Ubuntu version is 0.14, since
> > 0.15 requires a gtk version not in 8.04. Intrepid has 0.15, but it has
> > some problems with my hardware and other reason is that 8.04 is a LTS.
> > Hardy has 0.13 in repos and I installed 0.14 from getdeb.net ( a crude
> > way, I know)
>
> Geany 0.16 is depending on Gtk 2.8.x. I've got current svn version
> running on Xubuntu 8.04.2. If there is no suitable package avaialble,
> maybe you can compile it on your own:
> http://www.geany.org/manual/index.html#installation

Hi Manish,

I'm currently fetching Geany 0.16 from a Personal Package Archive on
Launchpad:

  https://edge.launchpad.net/~klaus-vormweg/+archive/ppa

Klaus has hardy build of 0.16, so you're in luck :)

Just grab sources.list entry for Hardy using the drop-down, add the entry
via "System -> Administration -> Software Sources -> Third Party Software",
and you'll be laughing.

Best,
Maris