[Geany] how to run a python script?

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Thu Feb 26 07:56:58 UTC 2009

Le Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:30:56 +0530,
Mahela Munasinghe <mahela007 at gmail.com> s'exprima ainsi:

> spir wrote:
> > Le Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:51:09 +0530,
> > Mahela Munasinghe <mahela007 at gmail.com> s'exprima ainsi:
> >

> >> hi.. I'm  a new user of geany. I seem to be having a problem running
> >> python scripts
> >> I use kubuntu and I have python 2.5 AND python 3.0 installed. However
> >> when I save the file and hit F5 to run it I get a message saying
> >> "09:57:32: Could not find terminal "xterm" (check path for Terminal tool
> >> setting in Preferences)"
> >>
> >> what's wrong?
> >>

> > Not 100% sure. First learn which python is the default one for your OS
> > with which python
> >
> > Geany executes your script using an OS commant defined under build/run
> > command. You will probably find there python "%f"
> >
> > Don't know why this does not properly launch python, but you should try
> > setting one of the python version's full path instead /usr/bin/python "%f"
> >
> > You can dynamically change version if needed by setting the path found
> > under which python2.5
> > 	which python3.0
> >
> > [this is maybe a possible 'how', but I would like to know the 'why']
> >
> > denis

> where can I change this path? is there an option in geany or do i have
> to edit a text file?

I have not geany in english ;-)
But it should be in the menu "build", then something like "define includes and options", then "run command".
What appears there is read from your file type definition files -- section [build] -- see the doc for changing that settings by default.

denis
------
la vita e estrany