[Geany] (no subject)

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk at xxxxx
Thu Feb 26 06:13:59 UTC 2009

Mahela Munasinghe wrote:
> hi.. I'm  a new user of geany. I seem to be having a problem running
> python scripts
> I use kubuntu and I have python 2.5 AND python 3.0 installed. However
> when I save the file and hit F5 to run it I get a message saying
> "09:57:32: Could not find terminal "xterm" (check path for Terminal tool
> setting in Preferences)"
>
> what's wrong?

You probably didn't have xterm installed. You can either install it with
something like

sudo apt-get install xterm

or change the setting in Preferences|Tools|Terminal to whatever X
terminal emulator you've got in kubuntu. One such is called konsole. You
can see if you got it by

which konsole

Regards,
ST