[Geany] ANN: New Release: Geany 0.16

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Feb 16 12:08:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:12:41 +1300, Andy Elvey
<andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we are happy to announce a new release of Geany!
>>
>> For a comprehensive list of changes to Geany 0.16, please see
>> http://www.geany.org/Documentation/ReleaseNotes. A very detailed and
>> complete list of changes can be found in the ChangeLog, included in
>> the source packages as well as in the Windows binary files.
>>
>> Some of the highlights:
>>
>> - We changed the configuration directory path to ~/.config/geany.
>> Geany will move your old configuration directory automatically on
>> the first start.
>> - Tree-like symbol view in the sidebar
>> - Increase minimum required GTK version to 2.8
>> - New toolbar which is much more flexible and customisable
>> - Add auto-closing of braces, brackets and quotes (Guillaume de
>> Rorthais)
>> - Support multiple %cursor% positions in Snippets (Thomas Martitz)
>> - New filetypes Ada, CMake, Matlab, NSIS, Vala and YAML
>> - Add Split Window 'Split Vertically' command (thanks to Moritz
>> Barsnick).
>> - Improved Windows installer
>> - Updated translations: bg, ca, cs, de, en_GB, fr, hu, it, ja, pt_BR,
>> sv, ru, tr, vi, zh_CN
>>

>> There are many more cool new things, you should read the Release
>> Notes.
>>

>> We want to thank all translators who have contributed new or updated
>> translations to this release as well as all people who contributed to
>> this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on.
>> Thank you!
>>
>> All downloads can be found as usual on
>> http://download.geany.org or
>> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153444
>>

>> Happy coding,
>> Enrico
>>
>Great!  Just downloaded and installed it and it works perfectly (as
>usual!).
>One thing I was wondering about.... The toolbar is now customised by
>editing the ui_toolbar.xml file (rather than using checkboxes in the
>"Edit/Preferences" menu, as previously done).  Is there a particular
>reason for this?  Just wondering..... :)

Sure.
Now, you can really edit the toolbar items more flexible which means
you can remove any of the items, not only predefined groups of items.
And you can reorder the items as you wish.

Maybe I'll write a GUI editor at some point or ideally someone else
will do. But IMO it's not too hard to edit the XML file.