[Geany] ANN: New Release: Geany 0.16

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 15 12:40:48 UTC 2009

Hi all,

we are happy to announce a new release of Geany!

For a comprehensive list of changes to Geany 0.16, please see
http://www.geany.org/Documentation/ReleaseNotes. A very detailed and
complete list of changes can be found in the ChangeLog, included in the
source packages as well as in the Windows binary files.

Some of the highlights:

- We changed the configuration directory path to ~/.config/geany. Geany
will move your old configuration directory automatically on the first
start.
- Tree-like symbol view in the sidebar
- Increase minimum required GTK version to 2.8
- New toolbar which is much more flexible and customisable
- Add auto-closing of braces, brackets and quotes (Guillaume de
Rorthais)
- Support multiple %cursor% positions in Snippets (Thomas Martitz)
- New filetypes Ada, CMake, Matlab, NSIS, Vala and YAML
- Add Split Window 'Split Vertically' command (thanks to Moritz
Barsnick).
- Improved Windows installer
- Updated translations: bg, ca, cs, de, en_GB, fr, hu, it, ja, pt_BR,
sv, ru, tr, vi, zh_CN

There are many more cool new things, you should read the Release Notes.

We want to thank all translators who have contributed new or updated
translations to this release as well as all people who contributed to
this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on.
Thank you!

All downloads can be found as usual on
http://download.geany.org or
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153444