[Geany] Geany Digest, Vol 40, Issue 10

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Feb 12 13:57:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 01:48:47 -0800, Zaya Kh <zayahai at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Zaya,

>I'm using geany 0.14 version, on Solaris
>Error is look like:
>
>bash-2.05# ./geany
>ld.so.1: geany: fatal: libpangocairo-1.0.so.0: open failed: No such
>file or directory.

It's basically what the error messages says:
there are basic files missing on your system.

>	libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 =>	 (file not found)
>	libcairo.so.2 =>	 (file not found)
> [...]

These files are part of Cairo. Search for any 'cairo' related packages
in your package management software.

>	libstdc++.so.6 =>	 (file not found)
>	libgcc_s.so.1 =>	 (file not found)

this is even weird, these are basic runtime libraries to execute
programs. I can't really believe that these are missing.

Where did you got the used Geany version from? Was it built on this
system or did you download it from somewhere? Either your system is
really missing the above files or the Geany binary you are using was
built for another system which would explain why these files are not
found.