[Geany] Javascript anonymous functions

Jason Oster parasytic at xxxxx
Mon Feb 9 18:11:47 UTC 2009

Ben West wrote:
> well, I'm running an olderversion -- I'll need to hit the getdb repo for
> .15 on ibex, right?

I'm building Geany directly from SVN on Intrepid:
http://www.geany.org/Download/SVN

The basic setup goes something like this:

$ sudo apt-get install subversion build-essential libgtk2.0-dev
$ svn co https://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany/trunk geany
$ cd geany
$ ./autogen.sh
$ make
$ sudo make install

autogen.sh might complain that you are missing some dependencies (which
would indicate the apt-get line above is incomplete ... I'm not entirely
sure what all is needed) But if all works well, you'll have a Geany 0.16
beta to test.

Let us know if you are still seeing the same JavaScript problems in the
latest SVN. And then an example test case would be appropriate. ;)

Also, I don't install my SVN Geany builds into /usr/local (the example
above does by default; explains the need for sudo make install). I
prefer to install it into my home directory:

$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/username
$ make && make install

Which creates ~/bin, ~/lib, ~/include, ~/share, ~/var sub-directories.

Jay