[Geany] make tab key four spaces

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Feb 4 19:45:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:01:09 -0400, "Lee Gold" <leegold at operamail.com>
wrote:

>Is there a way in Geany to if I press the tab key it will give me 4
>spaces instead of a tab?  I have it set so upon saving all tabs are
>converted to spaces, but the tab button still puts out tabs.
>
>I can do this in other editors so I figured there's a way to do this
>in Geany.

Of course, see
http://geany.org/manual/0.15/#editor-features-tab-in-preferences-dialog

Set Indentation type to Spaces and adjust the Width setting accordingly.
The other settings are explained as well in the manual.

Note, that you can set also the indentation type per document with
Document->Indent Type, saved in the session and takes precedence over
the global setting. So, after you changed the indentation type in the
preferences dialog, you might change it as well for your open documents.