[Geany] error indicator

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Dec 20 11:13:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:00:01 +0100, Galahad wrote:

>Enrico Tröger ha scritto il 12/20/2009 12:53 AM:
>
>>> Yes I know :-) And the flag in view -show messages is enabled
>>
>> I'm a bit out of ideas.
>>
>> Are the actual errors/warnings shown in the In the messages window,
>> Compile tab? Or are these missing as well?
>>
>I only get this information
>==================================
>php -l "prodotti.php" (in directory: /ZENW/zan/Gestione/globale)
>Compilation failed.
>Errors parsing prodotti.php
>==================================
>but no indications in the editor window

Ok, this explains it. You don't get any indications in the editor
window because your PHP command doesn't output any such information. No
idea what PHP version/implementation you are using but it doesn't
output a file/line error information, so Geany can't know what it
should highlight in the sources.

Normally, you  should get some output like the following:

php -l "php.const.php" (in directory: /misc/tmp/testfiles_geany)
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in
php.const.php on line 15 Errors parsing php.const.php
Compilation failed.

The second line is important as there is the information in which line
an error occurred.

As Lex suggested, try to run the php -l command on the command line to
see whether there is such an output.