[Geany] Patch for the "file went missing" dialog box

Dominik Stadler dominik.stadler at xxxxx
Sun Dec 20 09:08:13 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have created a patch for the feature request I reported at [1],
unfortunately I did not log in before submitting so I cannot add the patch
to the ticket myself, therefore I am providing it here.

It adds a button "Close" to the message box that is shown when an opened
file is not available on the disk any more. Currently it only allows to
"Save" or "Cancel". However most of the time I would like to simply close
the file in such a case as I deleted it on-purpose. This case was a bit
cumbersome at the moment in Geany.

The patch is quite simple, but surely a bit "crude" at the moment, I do not
know GTK/GNOME development at all, so I just duplicated the related methods
to create an instance of dialogs_show_question which takes a third argument
and use that to show the message box. I also had to duplicate the code that
actually closes the file in order to prevent another message box from being
shown. Surely creating an intermediate local method which is used in both
places would be better here.

Maybe someone with more rights can attach this to the feature request?

BTW, a build for Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 including this patch is available in my
PPA at https://launchpad.net/~dominik-stadler/+archive/ppa

Thanks... Dominik.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2916954&group_id=153444&atid=787794