[Geany] Grouping functions

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Dec 7 18:20:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:04:55 -0300
Yuzem <naujnitram at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if there is any way to group functions, and if there isn't, could
> this feature be added.
> For example, by using a special key after a comment and then the group
> title.
>
> In bash, If the special key is %, it would look like this:
> #% Group Title
>
> Then all functions after that get grouped inside "Group Title"
> This could be enabled when sorting by appearance. Also it would be cool if
> the sorting is remembered.
>
> I have a lot of functions and with this it would be much easier to find
> them.

I assume you mean using comments in a source file to change the symbol
list grouping.

Personally I don't like this idea as I don't like to add special
comments like that to source files. I think it would be better to just
use markers and the Addons plugin to display the markers tab in the
sidebar (may require SVN version of plugin ATM). Geany should save
markers between sessions, but this isn't implemented yet.

Regards,
Nick