[Geany] Ubuntu package of geanylua?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Aug 28 11:49:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:20:26 +0200
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> > Note that the 'plugin' should be in:
> > $prefix/lib/geany/geanylua.so
>
> jd at jd-dell$ ls /usr/lib/geany/
> addons.la        export.la       geanydoc.so    geanylatex.so  geanyvc.so      saveactions.so  splitwindow.so
> addons.so        export.so       geanygdb.la    geanylua.la    htmlchars.la    shiftcolumn.la
> classbuilder.la  filebrowser.la  geanygdb.so    geanylua.so    htmlchars.so    shiftcolumn.so
> classbuilder.so  filebrowser.so  geanylatex.la  geanyvc.la     saveactions.la  splitwindow.la
>
> jd at jd-dell$ ls /usr/lib/geany-plugins/geanylua/
> libgeanylua.la  libgeanylua.so

OK, but what you want to check is that your geanylua package is
providing those files - could one of them be a leftover from a previous
install?

On Fedora (rpm) I would do something like:
rpm -ql geanylua |fgrep .so

But I don't know the .deb equivalent.

Anyway ultimately you have two options - fix the package or build
& install from the geany-plugins tar.gz release - you would need to
configure the prefix to /usr though.

> > Although this might be getting overridden by a user plugin. Try running
> > 'geany -v' to see which plugins are being used.
> Lua-Skript: Support library version mismatch: 0.7.0 <=> 0.17.1
>
> ** INFO: Plugin "Lua-Skript" has not set a name for its keybinding group - ignoring all keybindings!
> ** INFO: Loaded:   /usr/lib/geany/geanylua.so (Lua-Skript)

OK, so the system plugin is getting read.

Regards,
Nick