[Geany] Ubuntu package of geanylua?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Aug 27 15:41:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:35:10 +0200
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> > is there a Ubuntu / Debian package (or it's source) of geanylua
> > available?

geanylua is now part of the geany-plugins project, there are no more
separate releases.

http://plugins.geany.org/geany-plugins/

> I've missed something. The packages from launchpad.net/~geany-dev/
> provides a geanylua package, but this doesn't work. It fails with the
> message:
>
> Lua-Skript: Support library version mismatch: 0.7.0 <=> 0.17.1

There may be a packaging error - I think the support library should be
in:
$prefix/lib/geany-plugins/geanylua/libgeanylua.so

Where $prefix is normally /usr for packages.

Note that the 'plugin' should be in:
$prefix/lib/geany/geanylua.so

Although this might be getting overridden by a user plugin. Try running
'geany -v' to see which plugins are being used.

Regards,
Nick