[Geany] Combined find & replace dialog? - Re: Asking for a new feature

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Aug 25 11:36:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:55:32 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> I still think it makes things only more sophisticated and confusing.
> Though I don't have a strong opinion on that. So, if anyone wants to go
> for it, ok.
>
> About Christoph's screenshot: the dialog looks way too big to just
> search something, IMO.
> If I see the Replace field, I would first think that I opened the wrong
> dialog when I just want to search text. But that's probably just me.

Yes, it's not really relevant to the discussion IMO.

I was thinking the Find menu item could hide the replace dialog parts
as they could probably be in an expander anyway. The Replace menu item
would expand the replace area.

Anyway, if I feel like it I'll do a Glade mockup for a screenshot
before committing anything.

Regards,
Nick