[Geany] Asking for a new feature

Heiko Studt MailingLists at xxxxx
Tue Aug 4 22:26:56 UTC 2009

Am 05.08.2009 schrieb Dominic Hopf:

> > > I havn't seen Delphi, maybe post a screenshot??
> > Two images attached.
> I like the idea with the tabs in one dialog. But I think, the key
> shortcuts ctrl+f and ctrl+shift+f and so on should be left as they are
> an just open the dialog with a different tab focused by default. This
> behaviour should also apply to the Search menu. The menu items should be
> left as they are and whatever would be clicked, would focus another tab
> within a find dialog by default.

Ah, this is actually the thing I was proposing, I meant "merging the
dialogs" (my mistake). The menus are not overfull. Sorry for the
confusion.

> Result of this thought is: The behaviour of Geany wouldn't change at
> all, but you could switch between different kinds of search (which
> currently are Find, Find in files and maybe Replace) in a "general" Find
> dialog.

This is the same I do in Delphi. I never learnt the shortcut for direct
"find in files", so I do "ctrl+f" and then change the tab. :-)

MFG
Heiko Studt

--
Heiko Studt <Mailingslists at goldpool.org>