[Geany] Asking for a new feature

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Aug 4 05:33:52 UTC 2009

> Am 04.08.2009 schrieb Tomás Vírseda:
>
>> Wow. I'm really ashamed. I've always used shortcut CTRL-F and never gone to
>> the Search menu to see options. Ok, now I know that I can get that behaviour
>> using SHIFT-CTRL-F shortcut.
>
> How about merging the two menus like in Delphi (5)?

I havn't seen Delphi, maybe post a screenshot??

But from my point of view, the find and find in files dialogs don't
overlap much in their options so a combined dialog would be quite a
lot bigger & then you have to choose which search you want as well.
At the moment I often only have to do Ctrl-F return to find in the
document, or Shift-Ctrl-F return to find where something is used in
the whole source.

So I for one would vote for keeping them separate and simple, but it
depends on what other people think.