[Geany] 3 little things

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Apr 30 17:49:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:22:09 +0200, spir wrote:

Hi,

>-1- startup folding
>What about having docs folded at open-time, especially at startup
>(files from last session)? (Actually, I never want them unfolded, as
>Geany currently does, so that I have to fold each file manually.)
>Should be a parameter to let the user set the preferred behaviour.

Someone just needs to implement it :).
I won't work on this myself as I don't use folding at all.

>-2- non-code doc folding
>Block struture is commonly used for all kinds of non-code documents,
>too. When editing them, folding would be a reeeaally coooooool ;-)
>feature. Even more than for code, in fact, because there is no code
>browser to help and quickly navigate. I would enjoy such a feature
>based on
>* either C-like block syntax (open/close tokens)
>* or python-like (indentation)
>* or what else? (header syntax like [title]?)
>Actually, once block structure is parsed, there may even be
>"pseudo-code-browsing".

This has to be supported in the first place by Scintilla, the editing
component we use in Geany. So, please file a feature request at the
Scintilla project (www.scintilla.org). Thanks.

>-3- terminal settings
>I spoke once about terminal settings not activated at startup. Have
>some more infomation. If you "message window" is on, then at startup
>the bottom frame is open and shows status information.
> [...]
>* Case you run before having manually switched to terminal, automatic
>switching caused by running will not take settings into account. [it
>should be checked there whether settings are activited already?] Well,

You mean when Geany switches to the VTE tab when using Build->Run then
font/colour settings are not applied to the VTE? If so, this is weird.
It works fine here (Geany SVN, Debian Testing).