[Geany] geany on ubuntu 9.04

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Apr 17 15:00:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:58:55 -0400 (EDT), Mars wrote:

>Filip,
>
>No matter where you get Geany from, the following command should pull
>in what you need to compile the Geany package from source:
>
>  $ sudo apt-get build-dep geany
>
>There are nightly package builds of the SVN trunk available for
>Debian; they should work fine in Ubuntu.

Well, I'd say they "could" work on Ubuntu, I'm not sure at all. Someone
should just test it. I think the binary in the package itself really
should run but maybe the package as such can't be installed on various
Ubuntu versions as some dependencies' versions differ from Debian
Stable for which the package is built.
Just give it a try :).

>  Jump onto #geany on freenode and ping eht16 for the repo details.

No need to, I'm here too :).
The usage instructions can be found next to the nightly builds on
http://nightly.geany.org/debian/ .