[Geany] Executing compiled code on windows error

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Apr 17 14:56:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:06:39 +0200, Frank wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:13:37 -0400
>Linwood Davis <linwood.davis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I've just discovered geany(0.16) and install it on my PC (XP). I
>> can't wait to learn more about it.
>>
>> But,
>>
>> I'm having the same issue that Paul Karcher wrote about back on April
>> 2 .
>> When I try to compile a FreeBasic source file (error_function.bas), I
>> get:
>>
>> "Process failed (Failed to execute child process (No such file or
>> directory)"
>>
>> The following is present in the bottom window:
>> "fbc" -w all "error_function.bas" (in directory:
>> C:\Programs\FreeBasic\MyPrograms)
>>
>> The source file is in "MyPrograms".
>>
>> I just found that if (and only if) the source file is in the same
>> directory as the compiler executable, it compiles successfully.
>> So if I move "error_function.bas" into C:\Programs\FreeBasic, where
>> fbc.exe resides, it compiles successfully.
>>
>> I haven't change any configurations.
>
>Please check you configuration:
>- Check whether fbc.exe is inside your search path for windows tools or
>- try to use complete path to your fbc.exe on Geany.

Both should work however adding the path to fbc.exe (C:\Programs
\FreeBasic) to the global PATH environment variable should be cleaner
and easier to use. You can change the environment variables somewhere
in the Control Panel. Make sure to restart Geany after you changed it,
then it should work.