[Geany] geany on ubuntu 9.04

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Thu Apr 16 21:29:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:57:46 +0200
Filip Gruszczyński <gruszczy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install svn version of geany on ubuntu 9.04. When I try
> to run ./autogen.sh I get
>
> **Error**: You must have `glib' installed.
> You can get it from: ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk
>
> So I install:
>
> root at gruszczy-laptop:~/packages/geany# apt-get install glibc-source
> Czytanie list pakietów... Gotowe
> Budowanie drzewa zależności
> Odczyt informacji o stanie... Gotowe
> glibc-source jest już w najnowszej wersji.
>
> but it says, that it is already installed in the newest version. I can
> use 0.16 from repo, but I prefer using svn version to test geany
> (that's the least I can do for my favourite editor ;-)). Could you
> help me on installing it?

Install dependancies:

sudo apt-get install build-essential make autoconf automake1.9 subversion libtool libgtk-dev libglib2.0-dev

Also you can ask apt-build to install packages needed to build geany, I something like this:

sudo apt-get install apt-build
sudo apt-build install geany

--
Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>