[Geany] disabled CSS completion

Mars mfogels at xxxxx
Tue Apr 14 21:33:16 UTC 2009

I find Geany constantly performing expansions of the words 'for' and 'if'
whenever I try to write a plain-text email, or when I'm inside a code code
comment block.  It would be nice to tell Geany "Don't help me when I'm
writing this kind of code".

I would love to see something like Textmate's scope-based completion here.
You can achieve this in TM by specify snippets in the "source.c" scope,
which presumable ignores expansions inside "source.c.comment" (or
"comment.c").

But easier said than done: to implement scopes you would have to piggyback
on the Scintilla lexer, generating the scopes while it does highlighting, or
map the scopes to the lexer output after it has done its work.

On the up-side, a scope system would unlock a world of possibilities for
per-scope build commands, shortcut keys, snippets, syntax, highlighting, and
indentation rules.  For instance, you can customize the indentation in
"source.php" and have those rules apply to all the PHP blocks embedded in
HTML documents.  It's quite powerful.

Best,
Maris