[Geany] ANN: Addons plugin 0.1

Russell Dickenson russelldickenson at xxxxx
Tue Apr 7 22:48:42 UTC 2009

2009/4/8 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> Hey folks,
>
> here is a new plugin: Addons 0.1.
>
> It's more or less just a container plugin which contains various small
> additions which are not worth creating a new plugin for but also too
> good to not have them :).
>
> Currently it consists of the following components:
>
> - DocList:
> This addon places a new item in the toolbar and when clicked offers a
> menu listing all open files plus the 'Close All' and 'Close Other
> Documents' menu items. This can be useful to quickly access open files
> and switch to them.
>
> - OpenURI:
> Adds 'Open URI' and 'Copy URI' menu items to the editor menu when the
> word under the cursor looks like a URI. 'Open URI' uses the browser
> command configured in Geany to open it.
>
> - Tasks:
> The tasks plugin goes through a file being edited and picks out lines
> with "TODO" or "FIXME" in them. It collects the text after those words
> and puts them in a new "Tasks" tab in the message window. Clicking on a
> task in that tab takes you to the line in the file where the task was
> defined.

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!!  I like *ALL* of these
mini-plugins, especially the Tasks.  I was recently working on a
similar idea, to add similar functionality to medit and similar
editors which support scripting via Lua.  I didn't get far, but had
great plans.  I don't know if I'll continue since Geany now has this
as a plugin, and would definitely be more attractive.  :)

Well done to everyone who contributes to Geany.  It's got a great set
of features, but not bloated, open to ideas from it users (providing
they don't make it bloated) and, incredibly, has great user
documentation.

Regards,

Russell Dickenson
Australia