[Geany] Executing compiled code on windows error

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Apr 3 14:39:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:51:12 -0400, Paul wrote:

>Hello, I have been using geany on windows for a while and on linux for
>even longer without issues. However after installing .16 for windows I
>am having trouble executing my (java/python)files, I receive the
>following error: "g_spawn_async() failed: Failed to execute child
>process (No such file or directory)" after attempting to run them.

This probably means that the Run command was not found, i.e. check what
you have in Build->Set Includes and Arguments set as the Run command
for both, Java and Python, files.

You could also start Geany with the command line argument "-v" which
creates a debug console, sometimes this changes things.
And check whether anything useful can be found in Help->Debug Messages.

Thanks.

>This error only occurs after starting Geany more than once,
>reinstalling solves the problem but only until the program is exited.

This is weird. Are you really this is true?
I can't think of anything which could explain that behaviour.
Are you talking about just installing/uninstalling or also about
removing the configuration files?