[Geany] integrating external tools (e.g. lint)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Sep 28 15:36:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:40:03 +0000 (UTC), AC <gmane.0vd at gishpuppy.com>
wrote:

> > error_regex=^(.+?):([0-9]+):[0-9]+
>
> Now I'm confused - that works.

Usually people are just happy if something works :).

> But all you added was the last bit (and the caret, which is not
> relevant here though). As I understand it (and testing in Python and
> JavaScript confirms this), the non-greedy indicator should render
> that last part obsolete!? While this seems somewhat off-topic, it
> might confuse other users as well.

I'm not sure about the greedy operator but your error message contained
not only filename:line but filename:line:column and because of
the :column, especially because of the second colon, the regular
expression of the documentation failed and the addition was necessary.
Without this addition, it parsed "test.py:7" as the filename and "24"
as the line number. With the addition, it detects there have to be two
colons and it takes the filename as first reference, the line number as
the second and then looks for a second colon followed by digits.