[Geany] integrating external tools (e.g. lint)

AC gmane.0vd at xxxxx
Sun Sep 28 09:32:40 UTC 2008

> There are plans for a new release but nothing finalized by now. There
> are still a couple of things inside queue that needs to be done. So
> building from svn might be a good idea at this time ;)

Ok, done that - compiling from source was surprisingly easy (Ubuntu 8.04: git
clone ...; cd geany; ./autogen.sh; make; make install).

However, it seems the RegEx isn't working as expected:
    error_regex=(.+?):([0-9]+)
When I click on the following error message:
    test.py:7:24: E202 whitespace before ']'
... the status bar says:
    Could not open /tmp/test.py:7 (No such file or directory)"
So it appears the non-greedy matching doesn't work.

Am I missing something?