[Geany] highlighting custom comment markers

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Sep 17 08:01:12 UTC 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:07:01 +0000 (UTC), AC <gmane.0vd at gishpuppy.com>
wrote:

> Like many programmers, I use the following markers to document my
> code:
>     # XXX
>     # TODO
>     # DEBUG
> (whereas the leading comment character depends on the respective
> language)
>
> Can these markers be highlighted to make them more salient?

Not really.
For C/C++/Java you can add/modify the keywords in the 'docComment'
setting in filetypes.[c|cpp|java|...].

These keywords are highlighted in such filetypes in documetation
comments, e.g.
/** @todo something we should do */
the prefixed '@' sign is necessary.

But currently there is no generic solution for this.

There could be a plugin to do something like this, e.g. by setting an
indicator on such words, like a green or yellow underline or something
else.