[Geany] C# error syntax (Re: Navigating from compiler messages to the Editor)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Sep 15 11:57:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:22:20 +0100
"Geoff Munday" <geoffm at qsiuk.com> wrote:

> I've just tried out Geany on a Acer aaO and it seems a good match for
> the limited resources available
> and a great improvement on using nano for writing C# snippets (mono).
> However a double click on
> an error in the tree and the focus in the editor doesn't change.
> Should it?  I've repeated this on XP
> and gotten the same result.

Currently build error message parsing is built into Geany, and for C#
it looks like this wasn't specifically added, so defaults to a
GCC-style. If Geany thinks it can navigate to an error it shows it in
red. Can you give some examples of errors/warnings that mono gives, so
we can fix it (if necessary)?

Regards,
Nick