[Geany] word-boundary characters

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Sep 12 08:53:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:49:18 +1000, Ross McKay <rosko at zeta.org.au>
wrote:

> Nick Treleaven wrote:
>
> >You might want the Next/Previous word part editor commands:
> >http://www.geany.org/manual/dev/index.html#keyboard-commands
> >
> >Previous word part. 	Ctrl+/
> >Next word part. 	Ctrl+\
>
> Beauty! Thanks for mentioning that, I'd completely missed it in the
> manual. A very handy pair of bindings, especially for messing with SQL

It's mentioned at: http://www.geany.org/manual/0.14/#keyboard-commands

But when they are made configurable, they would move to
http://www.geany.org/manual/0.14/#configurable-keybindings

And making them configurable is a very good idea as the default keys
('/' and '\') are almost unusable on for example a German keyboard.
The Next command is ok, you need to press Ctrl-Alt Gr-ß, but for
the Previous command you need to press Ctrl-Shift-7 but this raises a
selection because of the shift key. Pretty uncomfortable.