[Geany] Default Geany font for Ubuntu Linux

Jason Oster parasytic at xxxxx
Mon Sep 8 16:21:19 UTC 2008

Geany uses the Scintilla text editor widget, which in turn uses a text
layout/rendering library called Pango to do international text
rendering. I believe (and someone correct me if I am wrong...) that
Pango does not use one specific font to do all of its rendering, but
will choose a "font" based on the glyph that it needs to render.

For example, Geany simply requests the generic "monospace" font alias by
default. But as you can see in the screenshot, the Asian glyphs are not
displayed with a fixed width.

Some more appropriate resources to check might be:

http://www.pango.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pango
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I18n
http://www.cairographics.org/