[Geany] Snippets don't seem to work.

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Sep 5 20:50:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 10:38:47 +0800, "thomas de meijer"
<106498 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the reply. So it works for other peaople then...
>
> > I guess you are talking about
> > http://citizen.ovh.org/stuff/snippets.conf?
> Yes I am.
>
> > The preferred path is ~/.geany/snippets.conf
> Yup I put it there
>
> > I don't know. I hope it's not a bug, at least it works fine here.
> > Are you sure you tested it with an HTML file and Geany actually
> > treated this file as a HTML file (check the statusbar)?
> > The completions in this snippets.conf are only working for HTML
> > files, if they should be available on all filetypes, move them into
> > the "Default" section.
> Yes I am sure that its a HTML file, and the statusbar says it as well.
> Also the snippets in the default section don't work either, none of
> them do. Maybe I should try install a more recent version of geany? I
> have 0.12

Yes. 0.12 is old, buggy (compared to newer versions) and, erm, old :).
As Ross mentioned, 0.12 was looking for a file "autocomple.conf". No
idea why it still doesn't work for you after renaming the file but I
strongly suggest to update your Geany version if possible.