[Geany] SVN custom tab width/soft tabs

Walery Studennikov despairr at xxxxx
Thu Sep 4 11:44:11 UTC 2008

2008/8/13 Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:25:44 +0500
> "Walery Studennikov" <despairr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> > This is now implemented in SVN as a 'Tabs and Spaces' indent type
>> > preference and per-document setting, plus a Tab Width pref (the old
>> > pref is now called Indent Width). The main editing actions should
>> > work as expected in the new mode, but some of Geany's code insertion
>> > features (e.g. default file templates) might still use tabs. Feel
>> > free to file bugs/requests to improve things further (or post here).
>>
>> How can I set "display-tab-width" to 8 spaces and "indent-width" to 4
>> spaces using
>> current editor preferences dialog?
>> I couldn't do that using latest SVN version of geany.
>
> Are you sure you're running latest SVN? (svn up & rebuild, install).

Yes, the latest SVN.

> In the Edit->Preferences dialog, on the Editor tab:
> Under Indentation first set Width for "indent-width". Then set
> Type to 'Tabs and Spaces', and below that set 'Hard tab width'
> for "display-tab-width".

Well, I set:
 'Width' -> 4,
 'Type' -> 'Tabs and Spaces',
 ''Hard tab width' -> 8,

But when I press 'Tab' key, cursor indents to 8 characters.
If I press 'Backspace' after that, it removes 4 characters.

So, I still can't set different display and indent tab widths :(

--
Walery Studennikov
http://www.reg.ru/