[Geany] word-boundary characters

AC gmane.0vd at xxxxx
Wed Sep 3 13:28:57 UTC 2008

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for Geany - I've started using it only recently, but
it's exactly what I needed; powerful, yet lightweight!

However, there is one issue that is really confusing to me - the way whitespace
is ignored during "word-jumping" (for lack of a better term - i.e. using
CTRL+Right/Left to move the cursor).

It's a bit tricky to explain, so here's an example:
    function foo() {
        lorem = "ipsum dolor sit amet";
    }

If I use CTRL+Right to move the cursor, it will jump as follows (asterisk
indicates cursor positions):
    *function* foo*() {
        lorem* = "ipsum*";*
    }*

However, I would expect it to move like this:
    *function* foo()* {*
        *lorem* =* "*ipsum*";*
    *}*

Is there any way to change this behavior?

Thanks!