[Geany] split window bug

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 30 16:43:29 UTC 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:35:22 +0100, Thomas Martitz <thomas47 at arcor.de>
wrote:

>Enrico Tröger schrieb:
>> possibilities:
>> - fix Scintilla so that widgets can be reparented
>> - find out what is causing this weird behaviour on Windows and
>> ideally fix it
>
>Maybe you could have a look at notepad++'s implementation of split
>windows. It doesn't use gtk (but the windows api), but it uses
>scintilla, which makes me think it's not necessarily a scintilla issue.

Hmm, it is a Scintilla issue, to me more precise, a ScintillaGtk issue.
Scintilla consist of the base code which is platform-independent and
then it has some portion of code for GTK, the native Windows-API and
IIRC some MacOSX code.
We are using the GTK part of Scintilla's platform-dependent code on
Windows and on non-Windows systems (even on MacOSX).
So, notepad++'s code wouldn't help us since they are using the native
Windows-API part of Scintilla and this probably hasn't such problems.