[Geany] split window bug

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Oct 29 20:58:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:57:10 +0200, Thomas Martitz <thomas47 at arcor.de>
wrote:

Hi Thomas,

sorry for the delay.

>Back to topic: The split window plugin behaves very weird on my
>machine. The changelog reads that it should be at least usable for
>viewing, but it isn't.
>
>Since words doesn't explain as much as pictures, I've made a
>screenshot: http://www.alice-dsl.net/simonemartitz/asdf/GeanySwBug.jpg

Unfortunately, I can reproduce this and it's really weird.

It seems there is a bug in GTK with widget reparenting on Windows, not
sure though.
I tried to fix that and it seems to be working now in SVN r3161. I
uploaded an updated DLL for the plugin:
http://www.uvena.de/tmp/splitwindow.dll

But please note, this strange extra window still happens on
unsplitting, currently I have no idea how to fix this and I don't have
the time to spend hours of testing, sorry.

Maybe Nick has an idea.

Btw Nick, did you report the Scintilla issue noted in the comments in
the code?