[Geany] ANN: New Release: Geany 0.15

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Oct 24 18:04:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:53:46 -0400, alopecoid <alopecoid at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I checked the debug messages like you suggested, but there are no
>relevant entries.
>
>I am not trying to load any plugins that don't come with Geany by
>default. I see all the plugins that get built when building Geany in
>the lib/geany directory (for example: filebrowser.la, filebrowser,so,
>etc). However they aren't loaded when I start Geany.
>
>This DID work on my Mac. The only thing I did differently is that on
>the Mac, I did "sudo make install". In Ubuntu I did "sudo make install
>--prefix=~/applications/geany/0.15". I suspect that the Geany plugin
>manager is looking only in "/usr/local/lib/geany" for plugins. Is
>there a way to change the location that the plugin manager looks for
>plugins?

Yes, when setting the prefix correctly. I doubt 'make install
--prefix=...' is intended to work and I doubt any application handles
this correctly.
And checking the manpage of GNU make tells nothing about any '--prefix
option'.

Please do it this way:
make clean
./configure --prefix=/home/user/applications/geany/0.15
make
sudo make install

Then Geany knows about your non-standard prefix and things will work
fine (e.g. I'm using /home/enrico/apps/ and it works).
And you can't or at least should not use '~' in the prefix path, IIRC
the configure script tells you so, too. You should use absolute path
names.