[Geany] geany 0.15 notify on file changes work bad

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 23 17:08:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:12:31 +0300, Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:56:34 +0200
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:44:30 +0300, Yura Siamashka
>> <yurand2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >Notify on file changes works very bad.
>> >
>> >It takes about 30 second from changing file on disk to "The file on
>> >the disk is more recent than the current buffer" dialog. During this
>> >time you can edit or switch from another buffer without any
>> >notification. :(
>>
>> The described behaviour is actually intended.
>> You can lower the timeout/check interval in the preferences dialog.
>Thanks, that great. I can comfortably work with generated files
>again ;)
>
>So 0.15 uses old notification code, just default timeout is changed to
>30?

Yes, I didn't commit the new code yet since I wasn't sure it's stable
enough. And I just noticed it doesn't work for remote files. This might
either be a bug in GIO or in my code or it's simply unsupported through
the FUSE layer. I'll re-check this on the weekend.