[Geany] geany 0.15 notify on file changes work bad

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Oct 22 16:56:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:44:30 +0300, Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>Notify on file changes works very bad.
>
>It takes about 30 second from changing file on disk to "The file on
>the disk is more recent than the current buffer" dialog. During this
>time you can edit or switch from another buffer without any
>notification. :(

The described behaviour is actually intended.
You can lower the timeout/check interval in the preferences dialog.

>I would be happy if old check on change focus is restored.

Hmm, as I wrote on the -devel list, I'm working on GIO-based file
monitoring, then this will get better because you get a visual
indication that the file is changed (orange tab label). And the
indication happens as soon as the file has changed without any
(noticeable) delay.
The code is not yet finished, needs some cleanup and testing, I'll
commit it probably at the end of the week.