[Geany] filedefs.asm for mips isa

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 9 17:23:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:44:53 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:02:57 -0700
>Jason Oster <parasytic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, the ASM lexer in Scintilla does not support
>> customizable comments. But you can make a modification to add # as
>> a comment char. It's in LexASM.cxx
>
>line 150, scintilla/LexASM.cxx:
>if (sc.ch == ';'){
>
>change to:
>if (sc.ch == '#'){
>
>Really the Scintilla ASM lexer could be improved to have a
>customizable comment char property and also a label style.

Maybe
if (sc.ch == '#' || sc.ch == ';'){

would be enough for now?
I don't know any ASM very well, but are there many more comment
characters used besides route and semicolon?
If it would be enough, we sould send a patch to Scintilla.
No idea about the label style.

Jason now has some experience in adding properties to Scintilla lexers,
don't you?   :-)