[Geany] how to set background colour (and text colour) of editor

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at xxxxx
Sat Oct 4 23:00:46 UTC 2008

Russell Dickenson wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Andy Elvey <andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> Hi all -
>>
>> I'm using Geany 0.13 on Linux.   One thing I was wondering about - I 'm
>> finding the white background of the editor to be hard on the eyes, so is
>> it possible to change the background colour of the editor, and if so, how?
>>
>> Also, is it possible to change the text colour too?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance!
>>  - Andy
>>

> This is actually a FAQ -
> http://www.geany.org/Documentation/FAQ#QQuestions7.  I've had most
> success with the 'Set Geany Colors' tool because it comes with a few
> nice colour schemes, also an explanation of how the tool works.
>
> I hope this helps in some way.
>

> Regards,
>
> Russell Dickenson (AKA phayz)

Hi Russell - thanks very much for that!
 ( My apologies too for not reading the faq.... )

Hmm... it doesn't seem to work for me.  When I try to apply the new
colour, I just get the six-character hex code for the
colour appearing in the editor.  I think I'll try to upgrade to a more
recent version - that might fix it....
Thanks again - bye for now -
- Andy