[Geany] Generalisation of build system

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 2 16:51:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:35:28 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> The compile & build commands are intended as simple commands. But
> maybe this is confusing to have these two different ways for building.

This reminds me that I'm wondering already for a long time why I added
these both commands. Because mainly 'Build' is sufficient.
I guess there was a reason why I added both but I can't remember :).
But well, this was about 3 years ago.

I think basically we could remove the Compile command. The
distinction between compile and build is mainly only
present in C and C++ and for quick testing not really necessary. Build
should be enough.
So we could remove the Compile command and replace it with Build, this
would also avoid confusion about their difference.

But maybe we should delay this to post-0.15.