[Geany] New completion options

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Nov 29 17:57:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 18:39:17 +0100, "Filip Gruszczyński"
<gruszczy at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

>Can I add some other completion texts to a certain filetype? I have
>noticed, that there are completions for Python (from standard library,
>which is cool) and I woud like to add some completions for PyQt, which
>I use a lot and would be extremely helpful. Can I do this somehow and

Yes.
First read the section "Tags" in the manual [1] and especially look for
the chapter "Generating a global tags file".

There are basically two ways:
- use Geany itself to create a tags file like it is described in the
manual. I'm currently not sure whether this works, try it.
- use the script at [2] which was used to create the default Python
tags file. Since you probably know Python it should be easy for you to
adjust the script to your needs

If you have further questions, just ask.

[1] http://www.geany.org/manual/0.15/index.html#tags
[2]
http://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geany/trunk/scripts/create_py_tags.py?revision=2677&view=markup