[Geany] hi-lite&paste anomaly with geany&mrxvt

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Nov 27 18:08:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:56:38 -0800, "Dean Linkous"
<dean at nrvwebsolutions.com> wrote:

Hi.

First of all, this is a mailing list, so please subscribe to get
further responses.

>Anyone using geany or scite along with mrxvt or aterm? Highlight
>something in geany/scite and then middle-click in mrxvt/aterm to
>paste. Doesn't seem to work. Works fine if roxterm/xterm is used with
>geany/scite. Works fine if medit/leafpad is used with mrxvt/aterm. I
>can even copy/paste from mrxvt/aterm into scite/geany - just not vice
>versa.
>
>Any thoughts?

this is most probably a problem with Scintilla. I think there is
somewhere in Scintilla a problem in handling the PRIMARY clipboard.
Well, you could report that to Scintilla at [1], so maybe the Scintilla
devs will fix it.

We had a similar issue in the past, see [2] for references, noting my
last comment.

[1]
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=2439&atid=102439
[2]