[Geany] Custom Templates under Windows

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Nov 21 16:01:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 10:29:16 +0000, "Pieta Schofield"

>Hullo
>
>I have tried to add custom templates using 0.15 "Quillan" on Windows
>and have failed. I got it working fine on Linux on my Acer One notebook
>so I understand the process. Is it different on Window?

No, it's not different on Windows and it actually works fine[1].
Be sure to edit/place your template files in the configuration
directory and not in the application directory.

You should have somthing like c:\documents and settings\username
\Application Data\Geany\templates
In this directory you can edit the existing templates and there should
be a subdirectory "files" where you can place new, own template files.

[1] it works fine except for {datetime} which might break the template
due to a bug in Geany. We don't convert the output of strftime() back
to UTF-8 which we should do. This is not strictly related to Windows,
might also happen on other systems when the locale is not UTF-8, *sigh*.
Will fix this later.