[Geany] feature suggestion: jump

Gordon Wrigley gordon.wrigley at xxxxx
Wed Nov 19 11:35:53 UTC 2008

In a fullscreen window the symbols list fits about 50 items on screen.

I'm not sure how things are in other domains, but I'm an embedded C
programmer by trade and it's not at all uncommon to see files with a couple
of hundred symbols in them.

I often find myself hunting up and down the list thinking "there is a
function for this, what was it called?? it had event in it's name..."

On my previous editor I hacked the symbol list plugin I was using to have a
filter at the bottom of which worked ok, but the interface was never as easy
to work with as the jump in xmms.