[Geany] Feature request: Add multithreading support to geanyprj

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Tue Nov 18 00:49:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:58:57 +0100
Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:

> Dear Geany devs,
>
> My co-workers and myself really like the alternative project support in
> Geany, but loading a project can take some time. We all have dualcore
> AMD's, so the loading time could be cut by half by if geanyprj would use
> both cores to load the project. (imagine what it'll do with quad- or even
> more cores!)

If project is big enough you will encounter slowness again. How about indexing not openned files in idle time, you will be able to view/edit files as soon as you open them. but goto declaration/definition will work after some time.

--
Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>